Friday, July 24, 2009

Sketchbook Sunday: Week 1 Submissions

First of all I'd like to thank everyone that participated in Week 1 of Sketchbook Sunday. I am so super pleased with the results for Week 1. I hope everyone who participated enjoyed this week's topic and will participate in the following weeks ahead.

I'm going to change things up a bit on how to submit your work -- mainly because it will be much easier for the artists themselves to post their work and it will require less work on my end too. First of all, I created a group on Flickr called Sketchbook Sunday: Group Art Project. If you don't have a Flickr account, it's super easy to sign up. Basically everything will be the same, but you will now post your own Sketchbook Sunday entry to the group. This way, week after week all of the entries will be in one location. There's a place for topics to be discussed if artists wish to discuss anything art related. I figure it's a good forum for some artist networking. So, for week 2, here's what you need to do:

1) Sign up for Flickr account, if you don't have one already.

2) Sign up and get approval to be in the group Sketchbook Sunday: Group Art Project by clicking on this link. You may want to do this before you want to make your first post so you can post your entry by Thursday evening. You only need approval to the group once, then week after week, you just simply post your entry. One entry per artist per week.

On Sunday I'll post a new blog with the new topic and my favorites from the following week. If we get too many entries, I'm just going to start choosing my favorites, because it takes so long to upload photos etc., but I will provide a link to our group so others can check out the everyone's submissions.

Again, thank you for participating and if you have any questions about the new process or Flickr, please email me directly: cheryloz@wideopenwest.com


Sketchbook Sunday Week #1 : Favorite Summer Food
(I posted them in the order I received them.)







"Hymenoptera Delights" by ZanbotCreations - Dedicated to Cindy Fryz





"Strawberries & Lemons" by Christine - Sweet Things Hand-Crafted Design





"Burger Escape" by Bill Zalenski - digital media - Crusty Joe's Shop





"Cupcake" by Cindy Fryz Dockery - oil pastels on canvas - CindyCupcakes - She would like to note that "cupcakes" are her favorite summer, winter, spring and fall food. :o)





"Yummy Watermelon" - pencil & light watercolor wash - Cheryl Oz - Cheryl Oz Designs



Thanks again to everyone who participated!
Stay tuned for the new topic tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails