Wednesday, November 25, 2009

it all starts with a puff of wool



A handful of new ornaments have been uploaded to my Etsy shop in the Holiday department. All of these ornaments come from a puff of wool, that when poked with a barbed needle about a hundred times, transform into one of these little cuties to hang on your holiday tree. It takes a lot of patience but, eventually they are transformed. I'm all about the details so my needle-felting creations are never without unique features that make them all the more special. Most of my focus is on my watercolor illustrations, but last year I had to try needle-felting. I got the needle-felting bug a few weeks ago, and figured ornaments would be the perfect way to kick off the holiday season and something new to add my Etsy store. All of the ornaments you see are one-of-a-kind, special editions and there will never be another made like them by me, except the cherries. I made two of the "pair of cherries" ornaments, because well... I thought they were so cute. If you're like me, I like to get a few special ornaments every year for our tree.

My Grandma used to get me a new ornament every year and tied it to one of my gifts. Every year when we decorate our tree, it brings back so many happy memories. Now my Dad has carried on the tradition by giving us a unique ornament to adorn our tree each year. This is just one of the many things I love about the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails