Monday, November 08, 2010

cool crafty find!

I can't believe it's already been a week since I scored this cool book. Last weekend my neighbors took me to my first estate sale. It was a bunch of mixed emotions while I was there. At first I was sad that the woman who lived there had just passed away. On the other hand, it was a bit like an exciting, treasure hunt walking thru this house, pulling open drawers, looking at furniture and random teacups, jewelry and kitchen ware. I didn't find anything I wanted to buy, but I'd definitely do that again.




On our way back we stopped at a garage sale, something else I rarely do, because I have enough of my own old stuff and I've been working really hard at de-cluttering our home. In a big box of books, mostly newer children's books, this cool 1960's era children's craft book peeked out of the top. I snatched it up immediately, with only looking at a few pages. I love things from that mid-century time period, but especially things with cool illustrations. This book was beat up on the cover and the binding is in need of some repair but inside it's filled with crafty goodies. As I looked thru this book it reminded me of simpler things, remembering back to being a child and how simple things created by hand are sometimes the best things. It reminded me of all of the fun craft projects I used to make with my Mom. One of my favorite little graphics is the little pirate in the bottom photo, he's on the left. I'll repair the binding with some glue and I keep thinking about what a great find this was for only 50 cents! I also kept picking up a box of "original" Tinkertoys... I'm kicking myself for not buying those as well. Oh well, on to the next treasure hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails