Saturday, April 14, 2012

get your paint on 2012



I have to tell you about something that I'm really, no REALLY EXCITED about. I'm taking an online painting class (Get Your Paint On), per a recommendation via my friend Nicole (also, another illustrator - Sloe Gin Fizz). The class isn't just any ol' painting class, it's taught by the super talented and cool illustrators Lisa Congdon and Mati McDonough. If you haven't heard of them, check 'em out! I love their work!

Okay, so some people may wonder, why are you taking a painting class? You know how to paint. Yes, I do know how to paint, but I feel like continuing education is always a good thing. I'm hoping to open myself up to new ideas and gain some artistic freedom from this course. I love the whimsical styles of both of the instructors so I'm hoping a little of that will rub off on me. :)

Yesterday I went to the art supplies store and picked up a few items that I needed for class. Our first class starts tomorrow. Each week we're given a bit of a reading assignment and inspiration then we paint and post our paintings to a private Flickr site for everyone in the class to critique. I'll post my paintings here though, so you can see them. It reminds me of art school again and I just loved being in art school.

More to come on this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails