Thursday, April 09, 2015

Artichoke & Olive Tapenade Recipe Illustration

13x19" Print

I love to cook and I've been wanting to work on more food-related illustrations. Here's a new piece that was just finished today. It was created in watercolor and colored pencil on a thick, textured drawing paper. Later I scanned each individual piece, did some path work in Photoshop and then brought all of the pieces into my layout program InDesign to create how the final illustration would come together for prints. I would say, it's more of a visual recipe illustration, meaning you will not get ingredient and preparation details. Instead I wanted a cleaner, modern look with less words and more white space, which I think makes it perfect for framing in a kitchen or maybe even a restaurant.

If you're interested in making the actual recipe see below:

Artichoke & Olive Tapenade - Bon Appetit

1 13 3/4-ounce can artichoke hearts
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
8 large brined-cure green olives, pitted
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Finely chop the first five ingredients in food processor. Add 1 tablespoon parsley and oil; puree until coarse paste forms, Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover, chill.)


Prints are now available in two sizes (11x14 and 13x19) in my Etsy shop.


close-up detail of illustration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails