Wednesday, August 19, 2009

here's what i did today...

My neighbor just repainted her kitchen, dining room and living room. She loves anything French for decor, so she found a snazzy clock (shown below) and she came up with the idea of having a saying in French painted on her wall. The saying means, "let's get together and smile" which is a phrase from a song that her brother wrote. So, it not only fits her decor but has sentimental value as well. Awww...

Yesterday evening I drew the text on the wall with my projector. Then this afternoon I spent about three hours, making sure the words were painted perfectly. I'm not used to working so vertically, but since I'm a perfectionist, I can't help to spend the extra time to make it look just right.

I used Golden acrylics in Burnt Umber for the script work and a Bronze metallic for the highlights. The photos do not show how nice the metallic details really are, but they sure do sparkle in the light and add that special something to finish it off. I didn't actually measure the size, but I'd say it's about 3 feet wide.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails