Monday, September 27, 2010

studio sneak peeks

I've spent the majority of last week working on the remodel of the studio. I'm not sure which day I started, but the prep work (which was way more intense than I originally had planned on and almost killed me) and a lot of the priming and painting got done over the past week. My Aunt came by to help and we knocked out a lot of painting on Saturday. I couldn't believe how much we got accomplished in one day. It's nice to have a painting buddy. I still have one long wall to do, which has doors and cabinets and shelving so it will be a little time consuming. Our neighbor came over and we finally got the old bar out of the basement as well as the old broken treadmill. I'll be back at it today but before I go, here's a few sneak peek pics!

The new brushed silver knobs that will be on all of the cabinets in the studio.


The room has one accent wall, which is Poinsettia Red, the remaining walls are white. There's one thing the studio needed and that was to brighten up the space. My plan is definitely working. For the red wall, I purchased the new Behr paint with the primer in it. I'm very impressed. I have always used Behr paint in the past, but I could not believe that in just one coat of paint it completely covered the old knotty pine paneling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails