Wednesday, August 13, 2008

inspiration : barbie

The other day I was chit-chatting with my friend Christine and we were talking about our fond memories of having Barbie dolls as little girls. Christine had looked up some images of Barbie on Google and found a great retro Barbie photo, so I thought I'd do the same. I stumbled onto some awesome 1950's style Barbie dolls -- exactly what I was hoping for. I printed a couple images and then I thought I might do some paintings of the retro doll. Last night, my drawing table was completely covered with another painting project, so instead I turned to my sketchbook. Today, I decided to scan my sketch and play around with the scan in Illustrator. I'm still thinking about the paintings but in the meanwhile here's a few images to check out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails