Saturday, September 06, 2008

inspiration : it's a shrinky dink halloween!

Who remembers Shrinky-Dinks?

I certainly do and I remember them being the coolest thing on the planet as a kid. In fact, my Mom to this day still puts the Shrinky-Dink ornaments that we made together when I was little on their Christmas tree. I just recently found out that they still make the crazy stuff, and they make it for use in your inkjet printer! Woo-hooo! So exciting!

I ordered a pack and have been trying to think about what to make with it. So, since it's the end of summer and we all know how the stores get out all of their holiday wares so far in advance. Anyway, I was walking around and I felt the urge to make something Halloween-ie! So, I sketched out a cute, ghost in my sketchbook, scanned it, and worked on it in Illustrator. Then I put 2 ghosts on a sheet for a test and ran it thru the printer, trimmed them out and baked them. After I baked them, I was trying to figure out what in the heck to do with them because they turned out so cute. I decided to make them into little Halloween ornaments and put them on a greeting card to serve a dual purpose. They are so cute that I just might make them and send them out myself instead of putting them up on Etsy. I'm undecided...




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails