Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gouache Painting : "For Charles and Ray"




For a few weeks now, I have been thinking about pulling out my tubes of gouache from my art school days. I always loved the opaque qualities of the gouache and vivid colors. So, I cracked them open yesterday morning and started a new painting. Now don't laugh but the smell of gouache.... oh boy, does it bring my back to art school.

The new painting is called "For Charles and Ray." I'm a huge fan of mid-century modern design. My favorite design team is Charles & Ray Eames, which if you do not know is a husband and wife team. Their clean lines, flowing shapes, molded woods and metals definitely stand the tests of time. I've chosen three of my favorite chairs by the Eames'. The first is the molded plywood chair, second is the black lounger with molded plywood and lastly the molded plastic with chrome legs. Maybe one day I'll own one, but for now I'll just paint them.

For the first time in a long time, this painting will be sold as an original and an archival print. Check out my Etsy store for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails