Sunday, November 08, 2009

clutter


My studio room seems to be getting smaller and smaller. It's not that big to begin with and now boxes of supplies have been arriving and the walls seem to be getting closer and closer. It's utterly a mess. There's a pile on my desk near my mouse pad that is simply disgusting. I have no idea what is even in that stack, and for now I cannot even be bothered. But, it's annoying me like a slow drip. Drip, drip, drip... Anyone that knows me, knows for one that I keep a pretty tidy studio, but mostly it's because I have to. When it's small, you can't work on 10 projects at once without the place being a huge disaster zone. I'm up to my eyeballs in papers, mail, corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, envelopes, rolls of ribbon and twine. Ahhhh! I cannot stand dust, and for some reason we always have a lot of it at our house. As fast as I clean it, it's back. It's my never-ending battle. So, I loathe dust and it's staring at me just past my computer screen. Ahhh! Everywhere I look there's a stack of clutter. The other day there wasn't even a walkway to get out because boxes had arrived and I was literally stuck inside, until I made a path for me to leap over a few things.

Today I'm going to try and make some sense of it all, because I can't work anymore until there's some sort of organization going on. I'm in the process of preparing for a holiday art show in my home in a few short weeks with a few other friends and my Mom.

Right now my list of items at the art show will be the following:

Original paintings (framed & unframed)
Archival prints
Holiday card packs
Single holiday cards
Holiday gift tags
Needle-felted ornaments
Notecard packs
Magnets

If time permits, I'll be making some new polymer clay jewelry & Christmas stockings too. These are just the things that I'll be selling. My friends and Mom have a whole other lineup of fabulous handmade items.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I seem to clean my desk once a week and the clutter just seems to creep back over the week!!! I guess that just means we are busy girls! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails