Thursday, April 22, 2010

happy earth day


I just realized that I have been taking a lot of photos over the past few weeks. But, seriously how could I not? It's gorgeous out there! My husband and I walk pretty much everyday for exercise and everyday we walk we notice something new and beautiful evolving with this time of year. The trees are budding and about to leaf, the spring flowers are blooming and the grass is the most intense green. We have a lot of animal activity nearby too with ducks, geese, bunnies and I just saw a black squirrel the other day too. Neighbors have been neatly manicuring their lawns and sprucing up their yards. Porches have started to get chairs back on them for evening chats with their neighbors. It's truly a beautiful time of year.

But, of course, there's always something that can disrupt our walk, like the people who choose not to pick up their dog's poop, or the litterbugs leaving trash on the sidewalks. It's sad that a lot of people really just don't care. If we all do our part we can keep our world a beautiful place. I know I'm mindful to pick up trash I might see blowing around, even if it's not my yard, or some broken glass that some poor puppy dog might step on with his bare paw. It's a good a thing that only takes a second and it makes my neighborhood look even nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails