Tuesday, August 03, 2010

making friends at maker faire

I met a lot of great people at Maker Faire, Detroit... the people attending the show, the makers, the Handmade Detroit gals, the committee people, the volunteers, the people from The Henry Ford and some fellow artists. Check out a few of them below!


Allie is non-stop with crocheting... and it's non-stop amazing-ness! So talented!



Carrie makes all sorts of creative cuteness with felt. Cupcake and chocolate covered strawberry hairclips, felted headbands, felted play food for children and the list goes on and on. I found out that we even were in art school at the the same time together but our paths never crossed then.



Sara's pieces are very unique. She repurposes vintage jewelry and creates her own unique jewelry pieces with finds from all over. Her website is fantastic!




Nicole's whimsical, skinny-line illustrations remind me of my favorite
children's books by Shel Silverstein and the colors remind me of Dr. Suess.




A few other artists I chatted with...
Check out their cool sites!



Here's a few pics of my table display. I wish I would have taken more photos, some close-ups and such but I was so taken aback by all of the excitement... I forgot. Oh, well... next time.





I want to thank my hubby for giving up his weekend to help me with my display. It's a lot of hard work shuffling your stuff back and forth, long hours, the heat and humidity. It means the world to me! Also, to all of my friends and family that stopped by to support my efforts... a big hug to you too! Of course my Mom too, who helped me get ready for the show! You are all the best!! - xo

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVED your table, Cheryl! It looked so amazing! And that Jeff of yours is quite the happy assistant too! :) What a great guy! :) I was so happy that we got to be there to support you, my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice highlights! It was great staring at you across the way ; )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails