Monday, August 30, 2010

studio inspiration

A year ago or two ago I was dreaming about a new studio space, and now it's finally happening. As you know from earlier blog posts I've been cleaning out my basement so that I can finally have a bigger workspace and we'll have a little workout area too. I'm excited that finally our basement will be more than a junk pit and will now be a space that we can use and enjoy.



Overall concept:

So... while I was busy dreaming about my studio space, I stumbled onto this image from Pottery Barn. I found something a few weeks ago in another catalog, and thought I'd go that route, but after reading this article about studios and how your space should be totally you, I went back to my original idea. I want to make sure this is going to be something that I'm going to be happy with for a long, long time. What I really like from the inspiration photo is the single, striking red colored wall with the crisp white furniture and silver accents. This is totally what I'm looking for to really brighten it up down there. My plans are to paint one wall red and the remaining walls, ceiling, trim and shelving in white.


Worktable:

At the time I also liked the concept of the worktable in the inspiration photo, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for as far as the storage on the sides and the tabletop is not as large as I would like it to be, and it's also more expensive than what I found that I really like. So bonus when I found this table unit at IKEA a few months ago. The one thing I love about IKEA is their ideas on organization and storage. I snapped this photo for my inspiration board.


Flooring:

My plans are to cover our dingy looking tiled floor with carpet squares in Gunmetal Gray.


Sneak peek:

Right now I'm working on a piece of furniture that has been in my husband's family for years. He said at one time it was a bar, then a tv stand and now my plans are to use it for storage and a packing station for shop orders. It's been sitting in our basement collecting dust and collecting junk on top of it -- until now. So, I'm repainting the piece and putting new knobs on the front and maybe something new inside too. I'm still working on my ideas for that. A few days ago I found some really cool knobs from Anthropologie so I decided to spring for them today and I ordered them.

I'll have more posts about the studio coming soon...

2 comments:

  1. Hello, gorgeous! Such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful knob and those square carpet tile will look perfect in an office space.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails