Sunday, March 27, 2011

solo exhibition : flint street gallery

I have BIG news and I'm super excited about it! I'm having a solo art exhibition at the Flint St. Gallery located within "Little Monsters" in Lake Orion. The focus will be on my Barbie doll illustrations and I'll have some other work there as well. The opening reception is Sunday, April 10th from 4-6 pm. I'd love to see lots of familiar faces! The show runs from April 4th - May 28th.


About the gallery/store:

The Flint St. Gallery is inside of the Little Monsters. Little Monsters is owned by Christine McKenna and Leila Freijy. If you've ever seen the movie "You Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, think of the cute, neighborhood friendly bookstore that Meg's character owned in the film. It's got the same vibe as that, but with toys. Everything is so unique. You'll find toys you definitely won't be finding at the big-box toy stores and toys made in the U.S. I could have spent hours in there just looking at all of the fun stuff. What I really loved is that Leila's son drew their logo! Chris and Leila are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about all of the products they sell in the shop and are willing to help you pick out that perfect toy! What's also great about them is that they love art, are big on community spirit and they love promoting local artists! In the back of the shop they have created the Flint St. Gallery. The gallery typically hosts individual shows from 2-3 months. Immediately upon walking into the store, I knew this place was for me! It definitely fits my kid at heart personality and I'm so excited to be hosting my first solo show with them.

Hope to see you there!

16 W. Flint Street, Lake Orion, MI 48361
248.814.8697


Psst... I have more exciting news coming soon too!



creatively yours,
cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails