Monday, November 28, 2011

christmas memory #1

This Christmas I am looking forward mostly to enjoying the season with my family. Anyone that knows me or who has been following my blog for the past 2 1/2 years, knows that my Dad has been very sick and in and out of the hospital all during that time. So this year I am the most thankful for being able to spend the holidays with everyone and actually get to enjoy this beautiful season.

So in regards to that, I thought it might be fun to try and remember some of my favorite childhood memories and share them on the blog with you throughout the holiday season.

I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear that one of my favorite Christmas memories is a year that I was very sick with the flu. Since I was so sick and didn't really want to get up off of the sofa, my Mom thought it would be fun to pop popcorn and string them with cranberries for our tree garland. I still laid on the sofa, but it definitely perked me up. I loved it and ever since then my Mom and I have said we'd do it again, but we never have. Although, now I don't think we'd be able to because our dogs are crazy about popcorn and I'm afraid they might eat the tree!

If you want to try it too, check out this link from Martha Stewart! She even has a great idea of taking the edible garlands outside after Christmas and hanging them in your trees for the birds and squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails