Monday, April 21, 2014

Little People Cards

I have a friend that I've met from doing indie craft shows and she makes notebooks and jewelry from vintage records and albums as well as having a cool vintage clothing shop called Reware Vintage. In her vintage hunting travels, she stumbled upon Fisher Price Little People and she purchased some for her children, so I asked her to pick up a handful for me as well. They have been sitting on the windowsill in my studio office for over a year now. I love looking at them. I've had the card ideas for awhile now and finally I've been able to execute a few of them and there will definitely be more to come!

If you follow my blog or my artwork,  you know that I'm a big fan of toys from my childhood. When I was a little kid, I played with Fisher Price toys as I'm sure most children did from my generation. They were well-made and lasted forever. I could kick myself but I just sold some of my own in a garage sale before I started my illustration business. Anyway in the summer, when we needed a break from sprinklers, Big Wheels and roller skates, my Mom would set up a blanket on the front porch filled with my Fisher Price Little People toys. My friends would bring their Little People over and we'd have a town full of fun.

The illustrations have been done digitally in Adobe Illustrator. I love their little faces, and simple shaped bodies. They make me smile and bring me back to a time when life was simple. All three are available in my Etsy shop for purchase.

Fisher Price Little People Mother's Day Card

Fisher Price Little People Father's Day Card

Fisher Price New Baby Card



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails