Monday, September 15, 2014

Sanders Hot Fudge Cream Puff Watercolor Painting

Sanders Hot Fudge Cream Puff
prints now available in my Etsy shop
If you're from Michigan or have ever visited, you have surely had a chance to taste a Sanders Hot Fudge Cream Puff and I'm sure it wasn't your last one too.

I have a lot of great memories spending time with my Grandma. One of my favorites was going to Sanders with her in Dearborn at the Westborn shopping mall. First we went to Crowley's department store so my Grandma could peruse the aisles of beauty (as my Grandpap would say), and sometimes she would take me in Sally's cards store so I could get some stickers. Then she would suggest that we should go to Sanders for lunch and a special treat. I loved sitting up at the counter and drinking from the paper cups in the metal cup holders. We would always get a tunafish sandwich on toast and then we'd split either a sundae or my favorite the hot fudge cream puff. My Grandma always said we were going there for me, but I know the truth -- oh... did she have a sweet tooth! I sure do miss her! My illustration was created in watercolor and gouache.

1 comment:

  1. I have very similar memories with my Grandma too, Cheryl! She was definitely the one that introduced me to the famous Sanders hot fudge cream puff. Thank you for this wonderful piece. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails