Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Grasshopper MidCentury Cocktail Series Watercolor Illustration

We took a quick trip up north to celebrate Fall with some friends. My husband and I had a few days before friends came up to the cottage, so I was able to do some work. This is the the last of the three illustration that I worked on while we were away. But there's more to come very soon!

Whenever I see Creme de Menthe, one of the main ingredients in a Grasshopper cocktail I think of my parents. When I was little they had lots of parties, and there was always a bottle of Creme de Menthe sitting on the table amongst all the rest and no one ever made a drink from it. I always wanted them to make a drink because the green was so pretty and it smelled so good too. I think one of these days I'm going to gather up the ingredients to make a Grasshopper and just see if it will be as good as I imagined it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails