Saturday, November 15, 2014

MidCentury Cocktails Watercolor Illustration Poster Print

For several weeks I have been working really hard on my MidCentury Cocktail Illustrations . My original idea was to do this poster, but then I thought I should maybe offer each cocktail as an individual print as well, because everyone has their favorite, right? As I worked on each cocktail I started laying out each drink in an InDesign file on my computer. I was constantly organizing them and moving them around, trying to find the right proportion size and this also helped me decide on how many cocktail illustrations I was going to display as well. Seventeen illustrations was the magic number that I decided would work nicely for this piece. I think it would make a lovely piece of art for anyone's bar display and especially now that the vintage bar carts are so very popular, (which I also love so much). 

I decided on two styles of the poster. I did a poll on my Facebook page and it was almost split down the middle, so I decided it would be best to have both options available in my Etsy shop. You can also buy them locally where I sell my work but, only Style A will be available in stores. There are 17 cocktails in total and you can purchase them individually also in my Etsy shop, in either an 8x10 or 11x14 size. They also come in two different styles for your choice of text options. One option is with the name of the cocktail with the drink ingredients listed below, and then if you prefer a more modern, cleaner look (which is my preference) the second option is just the drink name. Cheers!
STYLE A - 13X19" ILLUSTRATION POSTER PRINT


STYLE B - 13x19" ILLUSTRATION POSTER PRINT



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails